1. Are you a writer? _________
(If your answer is YES, answer question 2A. If your answer is NO, answer 2B.)
2a. How did you learn to write?
2b. How do people learn to write?
3. Why do people write? List as many reasons as you can think of.
4. What does someone have to do or know in order to write well?
5. What kinds of writing do you like to write?
6. How do you decide what you’ll write about? Where do your ideas come from?
7. What kinds of responses help you most as a writer?
8. How often do you write at home?
9. In general, how do you feel about what you write?
10. Do you prefer being assigned writing or choosing your own type of writing? Why?
1. If you had to guess……..
How many books would you say you owned? _____
How many books would you say there are in your house? _____
How many books would you say you’ve read in the last twelve months? _____
2. How did you learn to read?
3. Why do people read? List as many reasons as you can think of.
4. What does someone have to do or know in order to be a good reader?
5. What kinds of books do you like to read?
6. How do you decide which books you’ll read?
7. Who are your favorite authors? (List as many as you’d like)
8. Have you ever reread a book? _____ If so, can you name it/them here?
9. How often do you read at home?
10. In general, how do you feel about reading?